Quick Links
Skip to main contentSkip to navigation

Boyer Valley Community School District



Ajax Loading Image


From the School Nurse; Getting Ready for College

Immunization Advice
for the College-Bound Senior

Are you a senior preparing to go off to college?  Now is the time to start making sure your student’s immunization records are up-to-date.  Check with your child’s doctor about back-to-school vaccines.  Your student’s health history should be considered when deciding what vaccines to receive.  

Routine Immunizations include:
• Hepatitis B
• Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR)
• Polio
• Tetanus, Diptheria, Acellular Pertussis (Tdap)
• Meningococcal
• Varicella (2 doses)

Other Immunizations to consider:
• Influenza (every year)
• Hepatitis A
• HPV vaccine (human papilloma virus)  
• Pneumococcal

Where to go for immunizations:
Ask your family doctor about vaccines.  If you do not have a doctor, the Harrison County Home & Public Health department provides routine immunizations through their office by calling for an appointment. Call (712) 644-2220 for more information on any of the vaccines or to schedule an appointment.  
The Crawford County Home & Public health department provides routine immunizations through their office by appointment or by a walk-in clinic held the first Monday of each month from 1 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. and  the 3rd Thursday of the month from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.  Call (712) 263-3303.  

If you have any questions or concerns please contact the school nurse Erinn Brasel RN at BVN  (712) 647-3248 or BVS (712) 643-2258

Our Local School Wellness Policy is reviewed yearly by Erinn Brasel, RN. No changes or recommendations have been made at this time. For School Wellness Policies please see Boyer-Valley’s Website.